Your non registered deposits are insured by the Deposit Insurance Corporation of Ontario for $250,000 and all registered funds (RRSP, RRIF, RESP, TFSA) are fully insured. For more information, you can visit the DICO website by clicking the link below:Learn More
Term deposits / GIC
Caisse populaire offers an investment vehicle to hold assets at a higher rate of interest than regular savings accounts. This rate is guaranteed for the chosen maturity. The two types of term deposits are:
- Cashable before maturity (if needed)
- Term: 1 month up to 5 years
- Interest paid at maturity (no interest paid if cashed within 1st month)
- Non redeemable
- Locked in until maturity date
- Term: 1 year to 5 years
- Interest paid monthly or annually
Minimum amount: $500.
Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
Planning for your retirement? It is never too early or too late… Caisse populaire offers you different plans to choose according to your lifestyle.
- Offers you flexibility such as automatic transfer from current accounts at specific intervals
- No minimum amount
- Gives a better return than variable
- Term: 1 to 5 years
- Minimum amount of $500.00
In addition to RRSP term deposit, you can also choose different investment vehicles available through our partner Credential Asset Management Inc. such as:
- Mutual funds**
- Labour sponsored funds** (Growthworks)
For information, contact our Credential Asset Management Mutual Funds Investment Specialists.
**Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Commission, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Unless otherwise stated, mutual fund securities and cash balances are not insured or guaranteed and are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer that insures deposits in credit unions. Their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. Growth Works Capital Ltd. offers a 30% tax credit available to residents of Ontario. Tax credits are available to eligible investors provided that the shares are held for at least eight years from the date of purchase. Please read the prospectus available from Credential Asset Management Inc.
Index Linked Term Deposit
Dissatisfied with the current low interest rates offered on traditional term deposits? Want to risk getting a better return than your regular term deposit? Why not try an Index-Linked Term Deposit?
- Your principal is guaranteed.
- Deposits are insured by DICO to a maximum of $250,000
- RRSP eligible
- Return is based upon the performance of an Index such as S&P/TSE 60 Index
- Takes advantage of stock market gains without administration or management fees
- Invested for a period of 3 years or 5 years
For information, contact our representative.
Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF)
When you reach age 71, your existing RRSPs will have to be converted into a RRIF before December 31st of that year.
RRIF starts paying an annuity the following year.
The annuity (minimum amount) is based either on your age or your spouse’s age and is deposited automatically in your current account at specified intervals (monthly or annually).
Advantages of a RRIF:
- Annuity is flexible – could be higher than minimum amount
- Control of capital thru term deposit investment
- Automatic deposit of annuity into current account
For more information, contact our representative.
A registered education savings plan is an investment that is created for your child’s education. As education costs increase, so does the importance of saving for your child’s future. Take advantage of the Canada Education Savings Grant (CESG).
General highlight contents:
- 20% Grant is eligible on a $2500.00 maximum contribution made during a year
- Tax deferred
- Diversify your education investment wisely
- See all options available for your contribution
- See the plan that suits your family
The TFSA is a new registered savings vehicle launched by the federal government that gives individuals the opportunity to earn tax-free investment income. Contributions paid into the account are not deductible from your taxable income, so you do not receive a tax reduction because of them. However, any money earned in or withdrawn from a TFSA is not taxable.
This savings account is meant for investors:
- Interested in growing tax-sheltered savings
- Who don’t want to pay income tax on withdrawals made from the account
- Whose RRSPs no longer save enough on income taxes